Old Junee Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Old Junee (2652) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Far South West, New South Wales. It is about 356 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Old Junee is in the federal electorate of Riverina.

In the 2011 census the population of Old Junee was 530 and is comprised of approximately 48.7% females and 51.3% males.

The median/average age of the population of Old Junee is 44 years of age.

87.1% of people living in the suburb of Old Junee were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.1% England, 1.1% Northern Ireland, 1.1% Papua New Guinea, 0.8% New Zealand.

93.4% of people living in Old Junee speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 6.6% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Old Junee is 33.3% Catholic, 26.3% Anglican, 11.3% No religion, 7.9% Religious affiliation not stated, 6.6% Presbyterian and Reformed, 6.0% Uniting Church, 3.0% Baptist, 2.5% Lutheran, 1.3% Christian, nfd, 0.6% Seventh-day Adventist.

65.6% of people are married, 24.1% have never married and 4.2% are divorced and 1.6% are separated. There are 19 widowed people living in Old Junee.

70.3% of the people living in Old Junee over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 25.1% are working on a part time basis. Old Junee has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Old Junee are 43.4% Managers, 13.5% Professionals, 10.7% Clerical & administrative workers, 9.3% Labourers, 8.2% Technicians & trades workers, 6.0% Community & personal service workers, 5.3% Sales workers, 2.5% Machinery operators & drivers, 1.1% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Old Junee work in are 47.1% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 8.6% Education and training, 8.2% Health care and social assistance, 6.8% Retail trade, 5.0% Accommodation and food services, 4.6% Manufacturing, 3.6% Public administration and safety, 3.6% Other services, 3.2% Transport, postal and warehousing.

45.5% of homes are fully owned, and 34.6% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 17.8% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $526 per week and the median household income is $1213 per week.

The median rent in Old Junee is $50 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1517 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Old Junee postcode 2652

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Warriewood 2102 -> Sydney -> New South Wales